Data storage widely plays a vital role in saving, storing, filing, collecting, and even providing backup copies of important information. This is why billions of data storage units have been made and are continuously getting made every day. According to a 2021 statistics report, it is expected that this year’s volume of data storage units sold would bring about 42 billion dollars’ worth of revenue, with an estimated increase of about 2.9 billion pieces manufactured.
Corporates that require a better, more organized and secured file management systems look at various IT storage solutions mainly due to these following reasons:
- Cost efficiency. As corporates amass tons of files and other sensitive credentials, utilizing data storage units allows them to maximize the storing of such files at lower maintenance cost.
- File Backup. Whether stored data are deleted intentionally or not, corporates can manage the restoration of such files through reliable IT storage.
- Security. Unlike traditional methods of storing corporate data, the burden of keeping confidential information safe is lessened when business employ trusted IT storage systems. This protects the data from being leaked, transferred, and mixed up.
- Speed and Ease of Use. Since IT storage systems are automated, minimal errors occur when indexing data. Also, data is managed, organized, and retrieved easier and faster with the use of these IT systems compared to doing it manually – which is, of course, the last thing that everyone wants to do.
Data Storage: Types, Uses, and Capacity Levels
Now that there’s a high demand for IT storage systems worldwide, it is important to consider which one suits your needs and can accommodate all the data you’re planning to store. So, to help you decide, here are some of the most common data storage devices you can use.
- USB Flash Drive. Ranging from 8GB (gigabytes) to 1TB (terabyte), this portable bring-it-anywhere data storage can store and transfer files from one device to another. It is perfect for saving important documents and other files during presentations.
- Tape Drive. With a storage capacity of 1.1MB (megabytes) on one reel of tape, this storage unit can hold up to 15TB (as per its cartridge) and approximately 278PB (petabytes) of data, which is about a single robotic tape. Like any other tape recorder, it is also used mainly to backup and secure files, as in digital archiving.
- Optical Storage. It is a type of data storage built as a storage and retrieval media device that reads data through laser. Optical storage media such as CD, DVD, and Blu-ray discs can store data ranging from 700MB to 50GB.
- Storage Servers and Arrays. If you need a storage device that can save a huge amount of data (for block-based and file-based storage) operated by a CMS (Central Management System), this type of data storage unit is what you need. A disk array can store petabytes of data, wherein 1PB equates to 1,000,000GB.
Storage Support Agency
Storing your data is a must. Not only because doing so saves us the time and effort of organizing, retrieving, storing, and transferring all the information we have, but most importantly because you will be able to manage the security of your data – particularly those that contain confidential information about your corporation’s assets and valuables.
With that said, here at Qamba, we ensure that all the products we offer are high quality, cost-efficient, and of course, up to standard. Because we care about our clients’ needs, we make every effort to ensure that our IT support services help you and your business achieve productivity, data security, and efficiency. You can also reach out to us if you already have any IT enclosure products in mind so we can help you set it up and set your business for success.